After the international break, European top-flight domestic football leagues would be resuming and this will see The Blues host Aston Villa at Stamford for their fourth match fixture of the new English Premier League campaign.Chelsea is one of the top-performing clubs this season and would be hoping to continue their impressive unbeaten game run against their next opponents Aston Villa. Though the game might be a challenging one for Thomas Tuchel the club’s German coach who might be forced to bench some of his best players against the visitors.
In this article, we’ll be talking about seven key Chelsea players that could miss Aston Villa’s EPL match fixture and the reasons why they are likely to do so.
1. Edouard MendyThough he is the club’s favorite goalkeeper for EPL fixtures, the 29-year-old Senegalese star could miss out on the Aston Villa fixture after actively playing for Senegal on international duty.
2. Romelu LukakuChelsea’s newly signed Belgian striker is likely to be rested against Aston Villa after actively playing for Belgium’s national football team in the European World Cup Qualifiers.
3. Mason MountThough the 22-year-old attacking midfielder is one of the most important players in Tuchel’s squad, there’s a need for the English player to be rested for the Aston Villa match fixture after actively playing for England’s national football team in the European World Cup Qualifiers.
4. Reece JamesThe 21-year-old English professional will be set to miss out on Chelsea’s next EPL match after getting a red card at Anfield. James is one of Chelsea’s best players this season and already has two assists and a goal.
5. Kai HavertzThe 22-year-old German professional football star is, without doubt, one of the club’s best players and always seems to find his best form during big games. He was the scorer of Chelsea’s Champions League-winning goal against Manchester City and also scored in the club’s 1-1 draw at Anfield.
Kai could miss out on Chelsea’s clash with Aston Villa after playing in the European World Qualifiers for Germany’s national football team. The attacking midfielder also reportedly fell ill on international duty which increases the chances of him getting rested by Thomas Tuchel.
6. Antonio RudigerThe 28-year-old professional footballer has a reputation for being one of the best defenders in the English Premier League and is, without doubt, one of Chelsea’s most important players.
Rudiger is likely to miss out on the Aston Villa match feature after actively participating in the UEFA World Cup Qualifiers for Germany’s national football team.
7. Timo WernerJust like his teammates Havertz and Rudiger, Werner actively participated in the European World Cup Qualifiers playing for Germany and is likely to be rested when Chelsea hosts Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge.