August 11, 2022

Here are the latest transfer updates in the ongoing January transfer window where there are done deals and some other updates for some clubs across Europe.

Official: Hereford FC sign young Aston Villa defender on loan

HEREFORD FC have signed 21-year-old defender Callum Rowe on a season-long loan from Aston Villa.
The left-back recently played for Villa in their FA Cup tie against Liverpool.
He was influential in Louie Barry scoring against the reigning Premier League champions.

Source: BBC

Official: Cardiff City confirm signing of Max Watters from Crawley

Cardiff City have signed Max Watters from Crawley Town in a £1million deal.

The 21-year-old scored 16 goals in 18 games for the League Two side this season and was part of the team that knocked Leeds out of the FA Cup third-round last weekend.

The forward has signed a contract with the Bluebirds until 2024 and said he had no hesitation of making the move to South Wales.

Source: BBC

Barcelona turn down transfer request from Arsenal-target

The latest Arsenal rumours have been saying that the Gunners are desperate to sign the Barcelona reserve keeper Neto this month, after having reservations about our panic summer signing Runar Runarsson who has failed to live up to the expectations of the Premier League.

Arteta hinted that he would be getting a new keeper this month when he said last week: “We are assessing the situation with the three positions on the goalkeeping area and we will find a different solution, probably in this window.”

Ever since then, the Gunners have been linked with the Brazilian keeper, who is also keen on leaving Cataluña, as he is finding first team appearances very hard to come by at the Camp Nou, but now Arteta’s hopes have been dashed by the Barca coach Ronald Koeman, who has made it clear that Neto can’t leave until the summer when they can afford to bring in a replacement.

Source: Marca

Mesut Ozil’s Fenerbahce contract details as Arsenal outcast prepares to complete transfer

Mesut Ozil will take a hefty pay cut to join Fenerbahce as his move to the Turkish giants edges ever closer.

The German and Arsenal look set to terminate his deal in north London which would free him up to move elsewhere, with Ozil having said goodbye to his current teammates on Sunday at the club’s London Colney training base.

Ozil is poised to give up £7m in earnings as he cancels his contract six months early.

The 32-year-old earned north of £300,000-a-week at the Emirates having signed an extension in 2018.

At Fenerbahce though he is set to earn £3.5m-a-year, which is just over £65,000-a-week.

Ozil will get a hefty bonus for simply joining the Super Lig outfit however with a £4.5m fee being paid. That will be spread across three years.

Source: Mirror UK

Manager responds to Chelsea transfer links with £80m-rated star

West Ham manager David Moyes has spoken out on the Declan Rice transfer situation following recent links with Manchester United and Chelsea.

The Daily Mirror recently claimed the £80million-rated star is a target for both Man Utd and Chelsea, though he would favour a move to Stamford Bridge if possible.

West Ham fans would certainly welcome some reassurance over Rice’s situation, and Moyes insists the club have not yet received any offers for the 22-year-old.

“They’re not true, we’ve had no contact from either of those clubs regarding Declan and we wouldn’t want any anyway,” Moyes told Amazon Prime, as quoted by the Daily Mail.

Source: Daily Mail

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: